Do you hate using the hood prop every time you open the hood on your Tacoma? We did too, until we got these Spiker Engineering hood struts! These are the best solution to adding hydraulic hood struts to your Tacoma. They are engineered and manufactured in the USA! We love them because you have the option to lift the hood 6" higher than the OEM height, set them at the OEM height.
- High Lift Hood Strut Kit for 2nd gen & 3rd gen Tacomas.
- Eliminates the prop rod and makes your engine compartment free and clear of obstacles.
- One-handed hood opening and closing – the struts lift the hood smoothly to its fully open position and allow it to close and latch securely without slamming.
- High-Lift capability can raise the hood by up to 6 inches above the stock prop rod height, for better lighting and access to all your engine projects. Choose the desired height during installation, and the hood will open to that position every time.
- Complete kit includes two enameled gloss black high-lift hood struts, heavy-gauge gloss black powder-coated brackets, all required installation hardware, and illustrated step-by-step installation instructions.
- All kit components, from struts and brackets to rivets and shipping tubes, are MADE IN USA.
- Easy installation in under 30 minutes.
- Designed and tested to work with all stock 3rd Gen Tacomas.